The EQT Ventures French Office is hiring a Tech Analyst!
We’re EQT Ventures, a global VC built to partner and support the next generation of global winners across every stage (early seed to explosive growth). Built by former founders and operators, we’re a distributed team following a “local with locals” approach with teams in Stockholm, London, San Francisco, Berlin, Amsterdam and more recently a growing team in Paris.
We are one of the largest and most active VC firms in Europe with €2.3bn AUM, we have made investments into over 100 companies, backing entrepreneurs behind Wolt, Einride, Handshake, Verkor, Netlify, Moralis Web3, Luko, or Cleo to name a few. We are currently investing our €1.1bn fund, the largest early stage fund ever raised in Europe.
In recent years, we have watched the french ecosystem evolve into one of the most exciting startup scenes in Europe. With deep product knowledge, an increasingly favorable regulatory environment and ambitious operators, we are strong believers in the fact that the seeds for entrepreneurial success can be found in France. Two years after opening the EQT French office, EQT Ventures is now looking to grow the Paris team to continue backing and supporting the best founders to the best of our ability!
Role description: Tech Analyst — Contribute to active deal work and market research
You’ll work with our investment team on evaluating businesses and trends. We’re looking for someone passionate and curious about technology and startups, someone who has strong capabilities in digging deep into the trends driving change. This is a great role if you have 1–3 years of experience in an analytical role (strategic consulting, M&A etc.) and are looking to learn the craft of venture capital with former operators and founders.
- Lead the research work on companies and sectors to give the larger EQT Ventures team a thorough understanding of an industry and a company before making an investment decision;
- Support the team in producing investment committee materials (presentations & financial models);
- Assist in the day to day operations ranging from sourcing to portfolio management;
- Sniff out trends using Motherbrain to find the global winners of tomorrow.
- You are hard worker, comfortable and proactive to go the extra mile in desk research;
- You’re energised by meeting people to discuss big ideas & to solve challenging issues of the future;
- Your mode of work switches seamlessly between minimal supervision and collaboration. To be successful in our distributed & international team, the role will require you to be a real self-starter from day one;
- You’re known for your ability to simplify complex ideas, be it in writing presentations or pitching new ideas;
- You’re action oriented and solution focused, backing your decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data;
- You have an open, humble and curious mind;
- You’ve worked in tech before, or you are familiar with the growing pains of navigating startups or similarly dynamic environments first hand;
- We’re not after specific education requirements — some of our partners are self-taught and university dropouts;
- You’re a native French speaker and also fluent in English (written and spoken) and we’re not shy of new languages in the team (12 and counting!)
About our team
- As founders and operators ourselves, we use our own experience to offer the most empathetic and valuable support to founders;
- We know any team is stronger than an individual;
- Our legacy of focusing on more than capital and our reach put us in a unique position to drive systemic change;
- We train our gut with data, taking calculated risks and being receptive to change that supports the right answers;
- We use technology to provide an unfair advantage, Motherbrain is our long-term moat
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! To submit your application, please complete this form before April 7th 2023.
Rania, Julien, Thomas, Pierrick, Catherine and the rest of the EQT Ventures team are looking forward to your application!